KFC Girl

Okay, People.
http://lwjournalism1.blogspot.com/?m=1

This is a response to a girl getting named after KFC. I agree that this is absolutely NOT newsworthy and that it should be condemned to the journalism underworld. How comical! I think newsworthiness has been a big problem within local news. Since they have less territory to report on, they resort to less important things. This is making the interesting important instead of making the important interesting, which goes against the fundamental rules of journalism. Instead, they should report about how KFC is kind of dying out within Kentucky and how that will effect jobs and the state’s reputation. When I tell people I’m from Kentucky, they’re like, “oh, like Kentucky fried chicken!” And at that point it’s kind of odd to think about how, hey, there aren’t really many KFCs left in good old Kentucky. I think it’s more important to talk about business rather than a random girl getting named after KFC.

Comments

Popular Posts