WDRB & Newsworthiness

Blog Response to Isaac Barnett
http://isaacj1blog.blogspot.com/2018/11/wdrb-critique-2.html?m=1

I agree that WDRB has a big problem with newsworthiness. If you reference my blog, you can see that I have complained about that several times, actually. It leads me to wonder if the writers personally know that people that these fluffy little stories are about, because otherwise, I really don’t see the point of them or the logic or sympathy that go into these random stories. Stories should include ethos and logos when it comes to news, and not pathos. This means that reports should be based strictly off of fact and good moral standing, not emotion. WDRB often uses emotions to hook users. They are populist. They don’t care about their audience and the knowledge of their audiences they just want viewers. You’re correct; this is not good journalism, end of story!

Comments

Popular Posts